All-On-4 – Scarborough, ON
Get a New Smile with Minimal Hassle
Not every patient with missing teeth can support traditional dental implants. However, they still deserve to have the full, confident smile they desire!
That’s where All-On-4 in Scarborough can help. At Bal Dental Centre, our expert dentists can restore your entire row of teeth with just a few, strategically-placed implants, giving you a winning smile for years to come.
How Do All-On-4 Implants Work?
What sets All-On-4 dental implant treatment apart is that it uses just four implant posts to support a full arch dental prosthetic. The implant posts are strategically placed in the jawbone near the front of the mouth, where the bone is naturally denser. In this way, the small number of dental implants can anchor an entire row of replacement teeth.
Here is what you can expect from the All-On-4 implant process:
- Before placement surgery, any remaining teeth are typically removed.
- An oral surgeon will surgically insert four implants in the jawbone below the gum line.
- Next, the healing period begins, during which the implant posts will fuse with the jawbone over the course of several months. During this time, we will provide you with a lightweight temporary denture.
- Once the implants have fully healed in place, we will welcome you back to our office to have your final, custom-made restoration firmly anchored in your mouth.
Am I A Candidate for All-On-4 Implants?
Not everyone makes an ideal candidate for All-On-4 dental implants. To find out if the restorative treatment is right for you, talk first with a dentist in Scarborough. Generally speaking, All-On-4 implant treatment is appropriate for patients who:
- Have experienced jawbone deterioration and cannot support a large number of dental implants
- Are tired of wearing traditional dentures and want a more permanent solution
- Practice excellent oral hygiene and have generally good oral health
- Patients who avoid frequent tobacco use
What Are the Benefits of All-On-4 Implants?
All-On-4 restoration offers some major benefits, such as:
- Avoids bone grafting: By maximizing implant-to-bone ratio, All-On-4 restoration can help patients avoid the need for a lengthy and uncomfortable bone graft procedure.
- Saves money:Fewer implants translate into fewer dental appointments and more money staying in bank account.
- Shorter recovery time: A more contained surgical site also means a shorter expected recovery time.
- Long-lasting results: With proper care, All-On-4 implants can last for decades or even a lifetime!
All-On-4 VS Traditional Dental Implants
The biggest difference between All-On-4 implants and traditional dental implants in Scarborough is the number of implants used to replace an entire row of missing teeth.
Traditional implants may require as many as ten implants to secure an upper or lower arch, a number just not possible for many patients who have experienced jawbone deterioration.
In contrast, All-On-4 implant treatment can achieve similar restorative results with less than half the number of implants.