A straight, beautiful smile it’s a new fashion trend. Celebrities throughout the generations have relied on orthodontics to create the dazzling smiles you admire. Straight teeth don’t always come naturally. However, braces worn on the big screen can also influence the way a character is portrayed. Here are just a few moments braces have appeared throughout pop culture history.
1. Drew Barrymore in Never Been Kissed
Josie Geller is an unforgettable character played by Drew Barrymore, who goes undercover in high school as a journalist. She has flashbacks of her previous time in high school, which included an awkward teen phase with metal braces.
2. Faith Hill at the Grammys
Faith Hill is a popular singer who is known for her voice and beauty. One year, she made her appearance at the Grammys wearing braces with pink rubber bands. Braces looked far from nerdy on Faith Hill as she walked down the red carpet.
3. Tom Cruise in Minority Report
You’re never too old to benefit from orthodontics. Tom Cruise was 40 when he wore Invisalign while filming Minority Report in 2002. Clear aligners were just becoming a popular alternative to brackets and wires at the time.
4. Justin Bieber
Justin Beiber had crowded teeth before beginning his treatment with Invisalign in 2011. He was very open about his experience and shared his journey with his fans on YouTube.
5. Eva Longoria in Desperate Housewives
Eva Longoria was wearing Invisalign on her bottom teeth at 36 years old. Best known for her role in Desperate Housewives, she opted for clear aligners over metal braces.
6. Chuckie Finster in Rugrats
Chuckie Finster was a popular red-headed baby in the classic cartoon Rugrats. The awkward best friend of Tommy was seen wearing braces in the sequel show All Grown Up.
Options for a Straight Smile
Beautiful teeth are the perfect fashion accessory. You have multiple options to correct bite and alignment issues to have a picture-perfect smile, including:
- Metal Braces: Brackets and wires are attached to the teeth to gently pull them into better positions. Regular adjustments to the wires can fix the most complex bite and alignment problems. Braces aren’t just for teens. Adults of all ages can benefit from metal braces.
- Invisalign: A series of clear aligners are worn over your teeth to apply continual pressure to move them. It’s a discreet, comfortable alternative to traditional braces. Although every situation differs, most patients are finished with their treatment in about 12 months.
You don’t have to be rich or famous to invest in a straight smile. Your dentist can turn the smile of your dreams into reality using braces or clear aligners.
About Dr. Gus Bal
Dr. Bal earned his dental degree from Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine and has regularly continued his education in advanced services, like cosmetic dentistry. He uses cutting-edge solutions to create stunning smiles. Contact our office through our website or call (647) 559-2192 for an appointment.